I am Koko a creative producer for Moon Festival, the first festival celebrating people's relationship with the moon through lunar inspired film screenings, art exhibitions, live performances and more. We are looking to hire some temporary structures crew for our upcoming street party on July 19th 2019 at General Gordon Square, Woolwich, SE10 6FH.
The structure that my team are looking to complete is a 2V geodesic dome (5m (w) x 2.5m (h) on a raised platform with an entrance. Please see attached images as an example. For the covering we will use one layer of 600 denier polycotton canvas. The tautness of the fabric is important as we will be creating a 180 degree projection space inside similar to those in the attached images.
Ideally 1/2 people with the following skills and capabilities:
- Carpentry and joinery skills i.e. drilling and cutting wood to size, erection of dome structure.
- Cutting skills i.e. cutting thick fabric to size
- Covering and upholstery skills i.e. attaching fabric to dome structure tautly after assembly on site suitable for projection.
- Assembly and disassembly of structure before and after the event.
- Transportation of equipment (TBD).
Crew would need to supply equipment to assemble and disassemble the structure. We have the required materials.
Please get in touch for more details and to discuss salary.