This is a request for bid for the development of a web-based application for an independent Teaching Business based in the UK. This will be a crossword game with 4 different categories according to given topics (words and definitions are attached in a separate document).
*** Maximum bid considered: USD 65 ***
The scope of work for this project will consist of:
A web-based game that consists of randomly generated crossword puzzles (a sample provided in the attachment).
- Allow user to choose the theme of the crossword puzzles (glossary list provided in the attachment).
- Provide definitions for words in the crossword puzzle below the puzzle (using definition in glossary list in the attachment)
- Using 10 words for each puzzle
- Set a 10-minute timer for the puzzle
- Give users the option to register and sign-in using email account
- Host the website on GitHub
- Display and store scores in a leader board.
- Clean design and user-friendly.
- 100 points for every letter discovered. 50 points for every 10 seconds left before the end of timer
- Star scale displayed on top of the score: 5 stars for finishing within 6 minutes; 4 stars for finishing within 7 minutes, 3 stars for within 8 minutes, 2 stars for within 9 minutes, 1 star for within full time period. Display “Try again” if the puzzle is not complete in time and give option to continue without being.
- If user does not finish the puzzle within the given time, give user an option to continue with the crossword (scores will not be saved) or end the game
Project length: 5 CALENDAR days
Communication and reporting: Preferably everyday progress check but require progress reporting MINIMUM every 2 days.
Developer must make the required reasonable changes according to feedback.
Willing to commit 2 extra days after project delivery to make additional changes if required