DA Website Issues – 4 – 9 – 18
• Trouble with “Search” functionality
Too prominent on home page. Want to move or change it.
People automatically put something in there and are unable to find what they want –
- seem to be trouble with parameters
- Jason B. indicated that “Ritima has been told that the search engine has been implemented
Incorrectly - Please check this.
The problem, “calling wrong api endpoint” – Browser front end talks to database – not set up
Correctly to talk to database – Need to compare code that is currently calling the endpoint vs.
the name of the search function in the previous version of DA (should be able to be done
because old version of DA is still online. ( [login to view URL])
- We discussed possibility of getting rid of green search box
The ‘search help” shows a tool kit- it should give directions– ex:search for into in box below ?
RS: Compare search box functionality with old site. Destination display should be the same whether user goes to it from Menu or from Search box.
• Navigation Menu too “touchy” on Laptops and mobile devices – scroll down moves too quickly
- When you scroll down under Long Island – unable to scroll beyond “Popular Places”
- Does not scroll down to “Theaters”
- NY Metro Area – only shows dining, kid-friendly, museums and parks (Popular places and Theaters are not shown)
- When you scroll under Out of Town – can’t get beyond “south”
- This happens no matter what browser you use
RS: Expand the menu area to display all options. Also fix it so it allows proper sub-menu item selection.
• Popular Places – when clicked on from Navigation Menu shows “error”
Seems to be a problem with the URL formation:
This gives error: [login to view URL]((Long%20Island%20Popular%20Places)
This works fine: http://destinationaccessible.com/New+York+Metro+Area+Popular+Places
It works when I manually changed URL to: http://destinationaccessible.com/Long+Island+Popular+Places
Check all Menu links to make sure link URLs are accurate
• Broken links in Footer Menu. Check and Update
• Maps – not all the same – some are Google Maps, some are Open Street Maps
Will get some examples from client
• “Log Out” does not always work – on pc never seems to be logged out ( this is at bottom)
I am not able to replicate issue. Leave for now.
• Venue photos too small – were large in old version –
make Thumbnail image display larger
• If you are not an adm. You should not be able to see adm. Menu – seems that one can see it
(RS: Ignore – I do not see the issue)
Ex: Search? Help page
Type any wiki page, etc.
• Before FB icon – Add Text “Like Us on Facebook”
• Add PayPal “Donate” Button - Possibly in upper right corner? Or other location?
• Install & Activate SSL certificate