Description: We are a printing company that is required to send a proof to customers. We also receive high resolution files from customers and we are still required to show them a proof (a copy of the final print).
We would like to have a site where companies (users) can be set up as different users.
* Ability for users to signup
* Users able to upload (PDF) files in Hi-Resolution format (large file size) at anytime which is stored in a directory on our server at the same time as creating a jpg image and displaying on the screen.
* Admins able to upload (PDF) files, to different registered users, in Hi-Resolution format and store in a directory on our server as well as creating an jpg image and displaying on the screen.
* Once an upload has been completed for online proofing the site would send out an email letting the client and admin know to login and review the proof.
* Admins able to setup clients and send them the login information on creation. (email address, login info, contact details, etc)
* Admin and users can add comments via the site for each proof about required changes that need to be made, the dialog would be "attached" the jpeg so a user or client could review the dialog until that jpeg has been approved, after approval no extra comments can be made.
* Admins able to upload a revised pdf to the same dialog (job) until the file is approved. The revised pdfs and the original pdf would remain for comparison until the jpeg is approved. Once a revised jpeg is uploaded the site would then again send out an HTML (graphics) email instructing the client to log-on once again and review the jpeg.
* Once approved a thumbnail is visible in their previous orders, and the pdf file would remain in the users account, for tracking and records and re-orders
* Ability to reorder existing records - the previous order remains untouched and comments closed, but the new order would allow comments.
* Admins and users are able to manage records, deleting old information when needed
* Ability to backup uploaded files via FTP
* Ability for admins to limit users activity (possibly suspend and reactivate accounts, etc)
* Payment details for account customers (invoices on paper) or paypal payment options.
Sample :[url removed, login to view]
I want to create a clone of this website The website must be an ecommerce like platform.
You can use already existing opensource cms as base and create custom modules. Very important is obtain user frendly navigation both in front-end and in back-end by using last technology as ajax ( no flash, flex or other thecnology that require plugins downlod)
I explain now the feature necessary:
The user (guest)
- cans sign up
- cans do the login
- cans navigate in all pages of the store and see products ( like in a classic ecommerce)
- the products can be printable products and normal products
- the printable products ( bussiness cards / brochure / depliant / stickers ecc.. ) have a panel like that ( ajax based ) for configuration ( see the right bar on this web page: [url removed, login to view] ), the parameters for configure the products are different and vary in number for every produt in the store ( the parameters are defined by the store owner in the admin interface).
- the user cans configure the products and calculate exactly the final price
( i have an excel document that now i use for calculate the price, one for each product )
- one of the options is that: "custom design" or "design by us"
(this option will be used at checkout for determine if the user has to upload a pre-made file or
has to send notes about the design that wants)
- the user can obtain by email the invoice of the single configured product by placing his email in a form below
The system send the invoice and store his email in the newsletter
- the printable products have an additional panel for custom printing format quote (see this link: [url removed, login to view](dg,1) ), this is like product configurator but all attributes (predefined by the owner) can be inserted manually by the user and the system calculate the final price. Also in this case the guest can require the invoice by email and the system store his email in the newsletter if not already available
The user (registered)
- the user after login can navigate in the store like the guest user, the difference is that the registered user cannot
send invoice to his email box after product configuration or custom product quote, but cans save the invoice on his personal control-panel
- the user contro panel contain various information:
- the list of invoices with the possibility to download for each the PDF file and the possibility to convert that in an executive order
- the list of placed order with the relative status
- for each placed order the user can see: if have been paid and in case of custom design if the client have uploaded the design file or the zip containing that
- the user cans in any moment upload the design file or pay the invoice
- for order completed the user cans track the delivery with link to the currier website
- the user can update his data in any moment
- the user can have multiple delivery adresses for products ( have the possibility to selects the right adress during the order checkout )
- the admin interface is the same as an ecommerce interface
- the admin cans display the list of placed orders and the relaive status of payment
- the admin cans insert notes for each order
- the admin cans add products and define for each necessary attributes for product configurator and custom quote form
- the admin cans add other pages to the store with various informations ( contacts page / tutorial page ) ecc...
- the admin cans start promotions campaign and create cupons code for discounts
- the admin cans download a list of all users emails
- generate automatic emails notification
This are the main features necessary in my system but many others standard in a good ecommerce platform are required. A good start could be an opensource ecommerce platform like Magento or others...