[A] Description of the Project:
To develop a social media app based on the FriendsAround ([url removed, login to view]) model. The app should be usable in both iPhone and iPad and be compiled into a single app. There will be 3 language interfaces namely English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese but the data will be mixed, meaning that people will see Chinese characters even if they're using the English interface, and vice versa.
Flexibility and scalability is crucial.
1) To provide server side and application on iPhone/iPad
2) Admin web interface
3) Based on the FriendAround iPhone app but we'll provide our own design layout
4) Provide a low level design document for approval before starting the work
5) Full documentation of the code
[C] Functions of the App:
1) The app should be written with flexibility and scalability in mind so that there are rooms for further enhancements (e.g. virtual money)
2) We can accept open source code which can run on LAMP for the server side
3) We will provide graphic and screen design, and multilingual translation
4) Below are the functions required for the app:
- Sign-up and login/logout screen
- Menu screen
- Profile (display profile of the user with some pre-defined data fields + edit mode for the user to edit his/her profile + allow users to upload/replace profile picture and several other picture).
- Match (a search screen listing registered users matching certain search criteria such as age, sex, spoken language, location [based on GPS co-ordinates] ...etc]. Clicking on each search result will lead into the profile of that particular user. The match can be displayed in either map view or list view.
- Follow: a list of followers and users I'm following (clicking on each user will lead into the profile of that user
- Chat: typical chat module just like eBuddy. Each chat session is one-on-one but we allow multiple concurrent chat sessions with different users. Can use Jabber for this chat feature
- Nearby: a map view and list view showing users within certain radius.
- Setting: typical configuration such as screen lock, privacy, language toggle of the app (e.g. English, Chinese)
- Twitter-like status update with location indicator based on co-ordinates. This status update will be shown in each user's profile
- Push notification for new status update or new match available
- Use JSON for server and app communication
(see the attached screen shot for the major functions)
[D] Development Schedule (Hong Kong time GMT+8):
Dec 17: Project kick off
Jan 14: Completion of UAT and submit to Apple for approval
*** please submit your detailed project schedule based on the above one-month development timeframe
[E] Payment Schedule:
10% to be paid when we kick start the project
10% to be paid upon submission of a first review with full functionality
20% to be paid upon completion of all development and submission for UAT (iPhone/iPad app + web services / web admin interface)
20% to be paid upon completion of UAT
20% to be paid upon the app being approved, live in App Store and submission of full source code and documentation
20% to be paid one month after the app is online and all bugs fixed
1. We will own the code.
2. The architecture must allow for future addition of new APIs.
3. Depending on the quality of work, we might come back for further future development of this project since we are looking for a long term relationship with a professional developer / team for this project and some other projects.
4. Please send example of your previous iPhone/iPad work
5. The source code should be well documented
6. The app should support latest iOS functionalities such as multitasking
7. The system design should be flexibile for easy extension to other mobile OS such as Android and Symbian. We aim at extending the service to other mobile OS very soon
7. All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under Hong Kong copyright law. We will receive exclusive and comp
19 freelancers están ofertando el promedio de $2026 para este trabajo
Hi, Greetings. I believe that I can truly complete this project for you along with my expert technical team. To discuss more on this project, Please check PMB for more details. Thanks and Regards Kajal