Web-based application for shops selling, producing and installing soft furnishing (curtains, stores, draperies,...).
- complete customer management
- price estimation module
(specific submodules for each type:curtain, store, draperies, etc.)(+-10 submodules)
- complete workers management
- planning module linked with the estimations
- workplace module
- workplaces management
- supplier and product management
Why and how:
- there are several point of sales (shops)
- there are several workplaces
1. a customer enters a shop and asks for soft furnishing for his house => the customer is inserted in the system.
2. he wants curtains in his living room => an estimate for these curtains is created.
3. he wants someone to come at his home and measure the exact window measures => an apointment will be placed in the planning.
4. the measurer (=person) comes back and modifies the estimate with the exact measures in the system.
5. the customer accepts the order
6. all needed products are ordered at the providers per fax or per mail. (nb: possibility to create grouped orders to avoid shipping costs)
7. delivered products are checked in.
8. when all products needed are delivered by the providers, the work is placed in the planning for a specific workplace
9. when the product is done, installation is planned.
10. further problem or other things are followed up.
Customer should be able to have an online follow-up tool.
Quite a complex system that should be available in at least 2 languages (dutch & french).
I like the idea of a seperate file containing the translation of all variables, used in the application. It's easy for translating, easy for updates and anyone can translate the application.
It is important that all results and calculations are immediate. For example, when a price estimate is created, let say we have:
10 x product A at 50 euro = 500 euro
If I change the quantity=10 to 20, the total price (500 euro) should change immediately to 1000 euro, on the same screen, without having to submit the page.
Please show me some of the projects you did.
See attached file for exact project layout/details.
THX a lot!