We have a stock-organizer web app. People add products and control a few metrics like: "price I paid", "selling price", "quantity". App is built with React and Python/Django.
I need a new feature built into this app. If the work is good, I'll keep needing work done.
There are a few P2P marketplaces like eBay, Depop, Gumtree, etc. Our users want to sell there. To do that, they need to create a listing, individually, on each of these websites. Our app's feature needs to:
- Take the listing that the user has already made on our app, and go marketplace-by-marketplace. Post the listing from our app. So in our app they fill in the info once, and via the minimum number of clicks possible (preferably one), they've posted to eBay. Once click → posted to Depop. One click → posted to Gumtree. Etc.
- Turn on/off these listings individually
This IS possible. I know a product (I can link it in private) that does this. They use a Chrome Extension to get access to the user's browser, so that the RPA can go through each marketplace and the posting. By the way — when applying to this job, just ask me how the weather is, so I can know that you've read the full thing.
I will send you a full-spec once we conclude that we can work and how we will work on this. Front-end and design will be handled by us, so all we need is integration. Ultimately, the purpose is a working product with the description I've given above.
If you want to join this, please include the following in your message
1. How would we go about building this feature? Give as much or as little detail as you want.
2. Have you ever wanted to rewrite (or did rewrite) a project from scratch on a new framework/language?
3. How often do you use open-source/libraries written by others, that you then adjust to the project at hand?