- Configure MySQL database to make sure it is properly optimized.
- Reduce unneeded function calls and change to hard-coded information (for example bloginfo() calls).
- Minify and tidy up HTML for lighter weight.
- Combine all CSS files into one file to reduce HTTP connections
- Minify CSS files to reduce weight
- Consider having Google Ajax library serving the jQuery and [url removed, login to view] libraries.
- Relocate scripts to the bottom of the HTML document (as suggested by Yahoo! best practices for high-performance websites).
- Some scripts are not minified; to reduce weight, we should minify them.
- Utilize CSS image sprites where appropriate for CSS background images to reduce HTTP connections
Can you also please answer these questions:
1.) Can you make a backup of my settings to test this so that I don't loose it all and it is easily restored?
2.) Have you had experience with the "digg effect"?
3.) Can you configure my server to be able to handle and run smoothly when my stories hit the homepage of digg?
4.) Can you guarantee this and wait to see my story on digg's homepage to ensure that what you did worked?