Coder will assist in developing a simple online safety certification test for storm chasers. The test is open-book multiple choice. Since this is a small project and test security is not a concern, this project will rely on flatfiles for simplicity and portability instead of SQL. (continued in "Deliverables")
TEST SCRIPT -------------------------------
A single PHP page will contain the following:
* A title
* Below that, a link to the user list script (see below)
* The source material text (allow this to refer to another HTML file, so that the HTML file rather than the PHP script is modified for text changes).
* An edit input for the user's real name.
* An edit input for the user's E-mail address (which will say "for internal use only).
* All of the test questions and choices. THE SCRIPT WILL ALWAYS GENERATE THE QUESTIONS IN RANDOM ORDER, AND THE CHOICES FOR EACH QUESTION IN RANDOM ORDER.
* A submit button (no "clear" button will be included).
The test questions, choices, and answers will come from a text flatfile that can be easily edited at any time. It will be scalable to allow for up to 100 questions and up to 4 choices per question.
If all questions were answered, the script will clear the page and present a score (percentage and number correct / number of questions).
* If the user fails (less than 90% correct), a red text message will inform them that they did not pass the test. They will not be shown what was wrong. A button will allow the test to be shown again (with questions and choices rearranged).
* If the user passes, their name, E-mail address, time, date, percentage score, and IP will be added to a comma-delimited text flatfile stored in the same directory. The user is shown a green "congratulations" message, and a link will allow them to go to another site or to see the user list (below).
USER LIST SCRIPT ----------------------------
A separate PHP script will display all users who have passed the test. It will list (A) the row number (which will be shown as "Certification Number") (B) their name, and (C) the date.
See attachment for sample text and questions/answers.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS --------------------------------
Coder will ensure the deliverables are secure. All input must be sanitized and validated so that the script is not vulnerable to remote code injections.
All code will be fully commented.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).