We need to develop a GUI-based Java application which monitors the food intake of
individuals. The main ideas of the project are as follows:
1. Food information management: The program should allow the user to manage (add, edit,
and delete) nutrient information related to common food items. The information for each
food item includes name, serving style (counted or weighted), serving size, calories per
serving size. Each food item shall also be under a category (Meat, Grain, Fruits,
Vegetables, Drink, etc.)
2. A person can select food items and the amount he takes for three meals in a day, i.e.,
breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He can also select ‘Snack’ in between the three meals.
Search facility should be provided to select food items efficiently.
3. Once the user selects the food items for his meal, the systems shall show the total calories
taken by the person.
4. A person can create his profile and enter his details like height, weight, gender and age.
The system should also calculate and display the persons BMI (Body Mass Index).
5. The person shall be able to create templates for his meals and save it. Example WeekendBreakfast,
Fasting-Dinner, Regular-Dinner, etc.
6. The person shall be able to select his saved meals and plug it in days of a weekly calendar
(Graphically is preferred).
7. The system shall provide a report about possible health effects based on the daily and
weekly food patterns.
8. The system should save all the information once the application is closed. Saving should
preferably be done as objects (Serializable Classes) but can also be done using files (not
16 los freelancers están ofertando un promedio de $535 para este trabajo.
i am best candidate since i have good experience and working in java. I would develop the web app which can be used on intranet or internet. Time and budget needs correcction