I am making a 3D model of an insect. I want to make it out of layers of wood. I need someone to do the following:
- scale the model so that the length of the body of the insect is 25cm
- separate all the limbs, antennas, and wings from the body of the insect
- make horizontal holes in the body of the insect: one hole 1cm in diameter extending from where each wing attaches to the body, another two holes 1cm in diameter extending from the widest part of each of the head, and abdomen
- slice the model longitudinally into slices that are 5mm thick.
- take the outline of one face of each slice (including an outline of the holes) and turn it into a PDF (A4 size).
I will then print out each outline, stick it onto a layer of wood, and cut out with a jigsaw. The holes will be used so I can easily align the layers.
I will then use glue to stick the layers of wood together. After the glue has dried I will sand the surface to make smooth.
I will also need each an outline of the wings and legs to be layed flat and sliced horizontally into 5mm slices and the outlines made into a PDF.
I have uploaded an STL file of the insect.
It would be a pleasure to perform your task. I can also give advice on rapid prototyping and batch production without extra costs. I will be glad to help in the future.