Preferred Freelancer Program Service Level Agreement
As a Preferred Freelancer, we ask that you adhere to the following agreement.
- Agree and accept that the Program is on an 'invite only' basis and you may be invited or asked to leave the Program at any time and without advance notice to you.
- Maintain the minimum requirements of entry to the Program. We reserve the right to remove you from the Program if your performance in the Program falls below our minimum performance requirements.
- You will have a complete profile, including professional photo, detailed bio and a portfolio displaying your best work.
- Respond to messages in a timely manner, as this increases your chances of being recommended. If you bid on a Recruiter project, let the Recruiter know that you are interested and why you should be recommended.
- Inform the client of your availability and ensure that you are responsive during those times.
- Provide an outstanding level of customer service at all times (we expect you to be polite, not demanding, easy to deal with).
- Help to guide your client through the process of completing a project and ensure that they have an excellent customer service experience.
- Provide work that is of excellent quality.
- Deliver work on time.
- Maintain an 85% project acceptance rate.
- Maintain a dispute rate below 10% (with no more than 2 serious disputes in the last 6 months).
- Maintain a completion rate no lower than 85%.
Keep communications and payments on-site only.
- Any cases of communication or payment going off-site will result in expulsion from Freelancer.
- Maintain a good relationship with all Recruiters; make sure you respond politely, accurately and with a high degree of professionalism. Any language abuse, spamming or threatening statements will not be tolerated.
- Switch off your Preferred badge whenever you are unavailable to take projects, too busy, or wishing to take a break from the Program. If you are planning to take a break from the Program for more than two weeks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Preferred Freelancer Support and your Recruiter, should you have any problem with your client.
You will not:
Communicate with clients in any unprofessional way, for example speaking badly
about a Recruiter, Freelancer, or other freelancers.
- Unprofessional communication, spamming, rude or threatening behaviour, or blackmail of an employer will result in your immediate removal from Freelancer.
- Discuss fees with clients (project fees or Recruiter project fees).
Request upfront payments from your clients.
- If for any reason you break this condition and request upfront payments, we reserve the right to freeze withdrawals on your account until work has been delivered to the Employer or the funds have been returned.
- Request ratings & reviews before project completion.
- Exchange personal email addresses, phone numbers, Skype, or any other form of off-site communication.
- Mention your profile on any other freelancing site or attempt to bring a client over to any other site. If you have your own portfolio site that you'd like to share with the Employer, please send it to your Recruiter and have them share it.
- Bid on projects you are not able to complete, either because of skill or time constraints.
If your initial connection with an employer was established on a Recruiter project, any subsequent projects connected to the original work will also need to be Recruiter upgraded.
Any Attempt to circumvent or avoid the 15% project fee will result in a 30% penalty fee and a warning. Repeated attempts will result in expulsion from the Program. If in doubt, check with the recruiter or PF support.