Create a logo for an open-source project
- Estado: Closed
- Premio: $100
- Propuestas recibidas: 3
- Ganador: gustavosaffo
Resumen del concurso
I was working on an open-source project for quite some time now. However, as everyone needs to be making money out of something, I had to do some other side projects, so I kind of lost the motivation to do this open-source and continue where I stopped.
- Let me put some points related to project itself:
• it's an open-source project
• it's a "css framework" being built with "sass"
• it's a project alike: "Zurb Foundation, Bootstrap, Semantic UI, Bulma"
• it's a project which you can use for quick prototype app whip up, but also which you can use to build a complete design without much sweat
• it's a project that comes with few builds: minimal, custom, complete and theme build
• it's a modular project
• it's a project that differentiate from other existing "css frameworks" on many aspects
-- Hence a word, which requires logo...
- Project name:
- Here's a helpful info, related to the name:
3rd person present: differs
be unlike or dissimilar...
- Things I am sure about:
• be unique, artistic, draw attention & be recognizable on first sight once it has been seen by the one
• must be black/white
- Things I am unsure about:
• should it be capitalized, lowercase or uppercase (Differs / differs / DIFFERS)... at the time being, I'd prefer lowercase
• should it contain an icon with the project name next to it or should it be custom typography only...
- Reference of other alike frameworks: (so that you get the idea what is it about)
*** THINGS TO AVOID
• mockups... upload plain logo that you made with simple solid color in background
• multiple submits with small differences... if I like your work, I'll tell you exactly what to change and re-upload
*** WARNING ABOUT ATTACHMENT
In attachment you can find single image with a few examples that I designed. I didn't like anything that I came up with so far, hence this contest.
I uploaded it for reference only, do not follow it as requirement and do not copycat.
Best of luck to all participants!
Comentarios del empleador
“I have opened a contest for an open-source project of mine and I was so disappointed in over 95% of entries. The 5% (like 4 submits) were somewhat decent, but GustavoSaffo did quite outstanding job. Keeping it simple, yet distinguish - was clearly telling me that I have a winner of this contest. I've been holding off a little longer, instead of awarding this project to GustavoSaffo, but let me tell you... There's really no need to do so. At least it was a waste of time in my contest, should've accepted and awarded GustavoSaffo right away. Thank you for participating in my contest and I highly appreciate your artwork.”