Packaging Design for existing products
- Estado: Pending
- Premio: $150
- Propuestas recibidas: 38
Resumen del concurso
We want to revise our packaging concept.
IMPORTANT: this contest is more about how the box is to be constructed, especially inside. Not so much about redesigning the corporate design. Currently our factory fails to construct the inside so that the knife lays on top, with the pouch and the sharpening stone one level below it. They say their paper is not strong enough to carry the knife on top, where we want it to be so it's the first thing customers see when opening it.
The problem is also our current box is too big,
Please see this video for what it currently looks like:
[login to view URL]
The current packaging has a dimension of 19 x 14 x 3,5cm, and should be lowered down to 15 x 7 x 4,5cm. Our box contains the main product (outdoor knife), a small leather bag (14,5 x 6cm) and a small sharpening stone (7 x 2 x 1cm), and all this has to be inside the new box as well. Please keep in mind that the knife itself has a weight of around 150g (but box should at least be able to carry 200g). The knife itself is around 12,1cm x 3cm x 1,5cm (folded).
- Please keep affordable manufacturing in mind.
- also, the entire packaging needs to be plastic free
- perceived value is of great importance! Think like designing a high end smartphone packaging
- the box will remain black with a retail sleeve. No prints, engravings or anything. Otherwise we'd have to order custom boxes for each different knife model we sell. Any info like braidings, model number, barcode etc. will go onto the retail sleeve.
- box type can be drawer style or whatever you find suitable for your idea