NASA Contest: Design the 3D Printing Heat Shield Project Graphic
- Estado: Closed
- Premio: $300
- Propuestas recibidas: 81
- Ganador: DaneDevice
Resumen del concurso
The goal of this challenge is to develop a graphic to represent NASA’s new research project entitled, ‘3D Printing Heat Shields’. The product should graphically convey the key themes of a heat shield that protects a spacecraft from the heat of hypersonic flight and the 3D printing of the material. The graphic will be used in multiple ways internally at NASA, but will have limited external/public use. A small version of the graphic may be used in the top corner of documents, a larger version could be used on the title page of internal presentation materials, or the graphic may be used on other products developed by the NASA team.
Heat shields protect a spacecraft from the high heating that occurs when they return from space and enter Earth’s, or another planet’s, atmosphere. The heat shields can be complex and labor intensive to install on the spacecraft. Therefore, NASA is interested in developing new heat shields that can be built with automated manufacturing methods. The rapid advances in additive manufacturing technology provides an opportunity to change the way NASA builds future spacecraft. You can learn more about the 3D Printing Heating Shield Project in the provided attachment.
• Both a color version and black/white version are required.
• Source File Requirements: All original vector source files of the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape and saved as layered AI or EPS files. Note that PSDs saved as EPS files are not true vector / scalable files and will not be accepted.
• All fonts (and operating systems) must be listed in a text file within your Submission Zip file. Include the name of the font and a link to where it can be downloaded/purchased. DO NOT include any font files in your submission or source files.
• All text in the graphic should be converted to outlines.
• Submission should also include 1024 x1024 version of the graphic in jpeg or png (on both a black background and a white background). The NASA insignia or other NASA logos cannot be used as any part of the submission.
• Color pallet is open, but limited to 6 colors.
• Please avoid gradients or other special effects as they are difficult to reproduce across all media.
Stock Photography Requirements:
• Stock photography is not allowed in this contest. All submitted elements must be designed solely by you.
• Requirements: Does your submission meet the requirements as stated within the challenge?
• Quality: Does your submission look fresh, professional, and clean?
• Concept: Does your submission represent what the project stands for? (ie. Depiction combines the fabrication (3D printing) and function (heat shield or spacecraft being heated as it returns from space))
Please note that NASA employees/contractors are not eligible for competing in this contest.
If you are interested in staying informed about other NASA challenge you can sign up for updates about NASA crowdsourcing and challenge at [login to view URL] or check out the NASA Solve Website at [login to view URL]
Comentarios del empleador
“Anirudh K. created a great design concept and was very responsive to our feedback in evolving his design. Great work! Thank you!”
nasacoeci, United States.